In the Irish culture, the St. Patrick’s Day holiday is more than just a carnival – it serves to link the present with their history-rich past. Drinking is part of the celebration but it is not limited to beer.
Green Apple Ginger Martini
Enjoy a drink that includes that crispy flavor of green apples and spicy, fresh ginger. The cocktail mimics a traditional martini, but adds a fun, tasty touch.
Ingredients for two cocktails:
- 4 oz. (120 ml) of ginger infused vodka – vodka with a piece of freshly grated ginger. Alternative: infuse a simple syrup with ginger for states that do not allow infused alcohol.
- 4 oz. (120 ml) green apple lime juice: a large tart green apple, sliced into smaller pieces, 2 oz. (60 ml) water, and the juice of two small limes.
- 0.5 oz. (15 ml) maple or honey syrup.
- Crushed ice.
- Using 1.5 oz. of your already prepared ginger infused vodka and 2 oz. of your green apple lime juice, pour them together with 1 oz. of the honey syrup into a cocktail shaker filled with crushed ice and shake with vigor until it turns frosty.
- Strain into chilled glasses and enjoy!
Green Fizz Cocktail
Treat customers to a glass of cool, fruity and refreshing Green Fizz to celebrate the Irish culture.
Ingredients for 2 cocktails:
- One peeled and cut Kiwi fruit (¼ inch slices)
- ½ cored green apple, ¼ inch slices
- 2 oz. Midori
- 2 oz. quality vodka
- 8 oz. water
- Take two 12 oz. glass and fill to ⅔ with ice.
- To each glass, add apple and kiwi slices and ensure the apples go in first.
- Pour 1 oz. each Midori and vodka into each glass. Top with the water and gently stir. Add a straw and serve.
Cucumber Lime Punch
It’s another St. Patrick’s Day holiday, time to do some weird stuff. Consider a cocktail of Cucumber Lime Punch, using the following recipe.
- A tray of ice
- 2 liters of lemon-lime soda
- A 12-ounce Can frozen limeade
- A cucumber, thinly sliced
- Using a large bowl, filled with ice, add lemon soda and frozen limeade.
- Add sliced cucumbers and stir till limeade melts away.
- Store in a fridge for 1 hour to marinate the flavors.
Sparkling Leprechaun Kiss Drink
A sparkling green or Grinch cocktail, sour and easy to make.
- Sour Apple Pucker – 1 oz.
- 0.5 oz. Vodka
- Lemon juice 1 oz.
- simple syrup 0.5 oz.
- Green tea 1 oz.
- green colored sugar for garnish
- Wet the glass’ edge with water and roll in the green sugar to coat the rim
- Pour ice into the glass – halfway
- Pour all the ingredients (except soda) into a shaker and mix via shaking
- Pour the mixture over ice and top using lemon soda
Yes! St. Paddy’s Day is here and whether you are Irish or not, the moment is worth celebrating if you have a glass of this famous cocktail – Irish Mojito.
- A fresh and juicy lime
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 oz. vodka or rum
- Sugar or simple syrup (1 tsp. to 1 Tbsp.)
- 1 oz. Creme de Menthe
- Cut and squeeze one lime into a cocktail shaker
- Add some few mint leaves, fresh.
- Muddle them in the shaker.
- Pour in the rum or vodka.
- Sprinkle in the sugar to taste
- Add some ice and shake well
- Strain into a martini glass
- Add a little of Creme de Menthe and let it calm for a few minutes.